378 pts · September 28, 2015
Like I said though, kinda gotta stop here lol. I wish you luck in the future with getting Cruz out haha
I agree, but the way you get people with integrity in there is by voting and convincing others too as well.
I do hope that you at least consider voting, especially at the local level.
But unfortunately as much as I’ve enjoyed this debate my phone is almost dead and I don’t have a charger with me today.
Change is a slow and arduous process, but it does happen. The way we vote put us into this mess. Maybe it can dig us out slowly.
But the ENTIRE point is that you can’t do nothing and still complain about stuff.
Yes, it has been. Just look at Nixon and Watergate. He was all but forced to resign. One less corrupt leader in charge.
Corruption is hard to weed out, but it is possible
But in the case that it did happen, I would still try to support it however I could as long as I agreed with it.
And this is mainly due to the difference in technology available to citizens compared to the govt
A rebellion isn’t gonna happen (since you implied it earlier), and even if it did it would be crushed and largely futile.
The entire point I’m making is that voting is important, but if you don’t want to, you need to incite change in other meaningful ways.
Or hold a protest with signs about the broken machines on Election Day. There is plenty to be done.
But you, individually, could work the polls - and remind people of the problem and advise them to double check.
Showed up. Some due diligence would fix this, but it’s very obviously meant to take advantage of people not paying attention
Also I researched this particular instance and while it’s obviously shady, the voter needs to quadruple check that what they hit was what...
Well then once again we are stuck at a crossroads of “I’m not gonna do anything until it’s fixed” without trying to fix it.
As fucked as the system is, you still have to at least try. If nothing else, you can rest easy knowing you did what you could.
So that vote never sees the light of day, and you never convince any of your friends/family to vote, so that person never gets in
Through this argument, you wouldn’t vote for someone even if you really did believe in them and they really could bring change
If you just let that happen to you, then you really are complicit through inaction
The responsibility then lies on you to shed light on that, whether it’s reporting it to the local media or however else
If I take you at your word for this, that seems like more of a problem at your local level than anything else.
Just like with the current protests. I truly believe that it will instigate change. There are already new laws being passed
Change can happen through voting. I’ve seen it firsthand.
Voting at the local level is largely important, yet people who claim their vote holds no strength often ignore it before making their claim
Oh I agree, and I try to utilize every option that I have to push for change. One of which is voting, which is largely undervalued.
I’d rather try and fail then not try and pray to god somebody just magically fixes the system.
I mean there’s always going to be a what-if, but that doesn’t mean my efforts were in vain.
Action is better than inaction. It’s why I’m trying to convince you, as it’s one of the only ways I personally have to make change.
Like I said though, kinda gotta stop here lol. I wish you luck in the future with getting Cruz out haha
I agree, but the way you get people with integrity in there is by voting and convincing others too as well.
I do hope that you at least consider voting, especially at the local level.
But unfortunately as much as I’ve enjoyed this debate my phone is almost dead and I don’t have a charger with me today.
Change is a slow and arduous process, but it does happen. The way we vote put us into this mess. Maybe it can dig us out slowly.
But the ENTIRE point is that you can’t do nothing and still complain about stuff.
Yes, it has been. Just look at Nixon and Watergate. He was all but forced to resign. One less corrupt leader in charge.
Corruption is hard to weed out, but it is possible
But in the case that it did happen, I would still try to support it however I could as long as I agreed with it.
And this is mainly due to the difference in technology available to citizens compared to the govt
A rebellion isn’t gonna happen (since you implied it earlier), and even if it did it would be crushed and largely futile.
The entire point I’m making is that voting is important, but if you don’t want to, you need to incite change in other meaningful ways.
Or hold a protest with signs about the broken machines on Election Day. There is plenty to be done.
But you, individually, could work the polls - and remind people of the problem and advise them to double check.
Showed up. Some due diligence would fix this, but it’s very obviously meant to take advantage of people not paying attention
Also I researched this particular instance and while it’s obviously shady, the voter needs to quadruple check that what they hit was what...
Well then once again we are stuck at a crossroads of “I’m not gonna do anything until it’s fixed” without trying to fix it.
As fucked as the system is, you still have to at least try. If nothing else, you can rest easy knowing you did what you could.
So that vote never sees the light of day, and you never convince any of your friends/family to vote, so that person never gets in
Through this argument, you wouldn’t vote for someone even if you really did believe in them and they really could bring change
If you just let that happen to you, then you really are complicit through inaction
The responsibility then lies on you to shed light on that, whether it’s reporting it to the local media or however else
If I take you at your word for this, that seems like more of a problem at your local level than anything else.
Just like with the current protests. I truly believe that it will instigate change. There are already new laws being passed
Change can happen through voting. I’ve seen it firsthand.
Voting at the local level is largely important, yet people who claim their vote holds no strength often ignore it before making their claim
Oh I agree, and I try to utilize every option that I have to push for change. One of which is voting, which is largely undervalued.
I’d rather try and fail then not try and pray to god somebody just magically fixes the system.
I mean there’s always going to be a what-if, but that doesn’t mean my efforts were in vain.
Action is better than inaction. It’s why I’m trying to convince you, as it’s one of the only ways I personally have to make change.