909 pts ยท March 4, 2015
I'm pretty sure the Great Wall of China also has laborer corpses built into it, but that wasn't exactly an honor either.
.
I appreciate all the effort you've put into this. For being the looming shadow that it is, China is very difficult to get a full grasp on.
Holy shit, dude, LOL! Thank you for the perfect gif.
brutality akin to what the Nazis did in WW II. (done)
example. The CCP's mission here isn't to turn Uighurs into ideal citizens so much as it is to eliminate a potential threat through sheer 7)
hear about, and they're worried about losing support from the greater base. There are Mongolian separatists in the north of China for 6)
they are treated as a pure physical resource to be exploited, because truthfully, China has some hardcore social problems that we never 5)
a great opportunity to enslave the entire population. They reeducate some, enslave others, sterilize some, harvest organs from some more, 4)
100% about that. The Uighurs started protesting on their treatment, and probably got violent a few years ago, and so the CCP took this as 3)
The CCP has never liked the Uighurs because they are a totally different ethnic group that's harder for them to control, and the CCP is 2)
I'm going to try to keep this as brief as possible, but long story short, the CCP is ensuring greater control on its citizens. 1)
Imagine it like a balance sheet. The British Isles earn Rome 12 million Denari a year, but costs 16 million to maintain.
for the insight! :)
never true. I figured most of the Chinese didn't have much of an opinion/don't care. It's the CCP that has taken a hard stance. Thank you 2)
Rereading what I wrote, I see how it could have come off like I was saying, "all Chinese hate black people" and broad generalizations are 1)
Disney upped the saturation on Wakanda to make them look white, so it's a weird one. I think it's something the CCP tolerates tentatively.
aren't venerated in any way. Disney also pulled a stunt with Black Panther's poster by covering the actor's face, but it's not like 2)
It's a weird relationship. Ultimately the CCP also likes money, so they probably view it as an avenue of income but make sure the players 1)
cares about money and will lick any boot in its pursuit of that goal. Same for the NBA, Blizzard, nearly every company really.
because it cares about the CCP's view of black people. The government decides what's allowed in the country and what's not. Disney purely 2)
I think it's important to emphasize that Disney makes these changes not because it cares about the Chinese' view on black people, but 1)
will be ways around that one. But concerning OP's post in particular, how does this affect free speech other than having no privacy?
I didn't even consider not being able to purchase anything over the internet. Unless they want to brutalize companies like Amazon there 1)
God damn this makes me uncomfortable all the way through.
speech. Obviously this is also awful, but I'm not seeing the connection to free speech. Can someone enlighten me? 2)
I need help here. I've googled the Earn It Act but it looks like its designed to attack end to end encryption (privacy) rather than free 1)
I got a lotta say! lol
show a moment of weakness, someone else comes to lob their heads off.
I'm pretty sure the Great Wall of China also has laborer corpses built into it, but that wasn't exactly an honor either.
.
I appreciate all the effort you've put into this. For being the looming shadow that it is, China is very difficult to get a full grasp on.
Holy shit, dude, LOL! Thank you for the perfect gif.
brutality akin to what the Nazis did in WW II. (done)
example. The CCP's mission here isn't to turn Uighurs into ideal citizens so much as it is to eliminate a potential threat through sheer 7)
hear about, and they're worried about losing support from the greater base. There are Mongolian separatists in the north of China for 6)
they are treated as a pure physical resource to be exploited, because truthfully, China has some hardcore social problems that we never 5)
a great opportunity to enslave the entire population. They reeducate some, enslave others, sterilize some, harvest organs from some more, 4)
100% about that. The Uighurs started protesting on their treatment, and probably got violent a few years ago, and so the CCP took this as 3)
The CCP has never liked the Uighurs because they are a totally different ethnic group that's harder for them to control, and the CCP is 2)
I'm going to try to keep this as brief as possible, but long story short, the CCP is ensuring greater control on its citizens. 1)
Imagine it like a balance sheet. The British Isles earn Rome 12 million Denari a year, but costs 16 million to maintain.
for the insight! :)
never true. I figured most of the Chinese didn't have much of an opinion/don't care. It's the CCP that has taken a hard stance. Thank you 2)
Rereading what I wrote, I see how it could have come off like I was saying, "all Chinese hate black people" and broad generalizations are 1)
Disney upped the saturation on Wakanda to make them look white, so it's a weird one. I think it's something the CCP tolerates tentatively.
aren't venerated in any way. Disney also pulled a stunt with Black Panther's poster by covering the actor's face, but it's not like 2)
It's a weird relationship. Ultimately the CCP also likes money, so they probably view it as an avenue of income but make sure the players 1)
cares about money and will lick any boot in its pursuit of that goal. Same for the NBA, Blizzard, nearly every company really.
because it cares about the CCP's view of black people. The government decides what's allowed in the country and what's not. Disney purely 2)
I think it's important to emphasize that Disney makes these changes not because it cares about the Chinese' view on black people, but 1)
will be ways around that one. But concerning OP's post in particular, how does this affect free speech other than having no privacy?
I didn't even consider not being able to purchase anything over the internet. Unless they want to brutalize companies like Amazon there 1)
God damn this makes me uncomfortable all the way through.
speech. Obviously this is also awful, but I'm not seeing the connection to free speech. Can someone enlighten me? 2)
I need help here. I've googled the Earn It Act but it looks like its designed to attack end to end encryption (privacy) rather than free 1)
I got a lotta say! lol
show a moment of weakness, someone else comes to lob their heads off.