97 pts ยท December 13, 2018
To deal a lot of damage.
Or a stick of dynamite. I would argue that hitting a target accurately is its primary purpose, while you would argue its primary purpose is
Then the only thing left to do would be to see whether a person in a particular scenario could deal more damage with a gun, a knife, a car
If we do not take into account the function of the thing, the way in which one would prove whether the gun functioned as designed,
You may be trying to describe something with the word, 'gun' that disqualifies plinking rifles, or you may be aacriving tributes to a gun
*weaponry is not fulfilling its primary design/purpose
Basically, bell curves and statistics, that always makes me drop any kind of argumentation.
If weighed only by the amount of cargo it carries.
Neither would I agree with you that how easily a gun could kill a man or animal makes it more or less purposeful as a car might be
Employ it in the killing of men or animals, regardless of how many times I have taken them to the range.
You would ignore my case, a man with rifles and pistols, from bolt-action to semi auto, and tell me that my weaponry is useless if I do not
Lethality just as knives, cars and explosives. Firing these projectiles, lethal or not, is what makes a gun of good or poor design.
Again, I disagree. With a gun, the 'main draw' by design and definition is its ability to accurately fire projectiles, which vary in
Dice rolls are mathematically sound, but the english language is not. There's a difference between once per turn and once per round.
I've played it a few times...it's fun enough but every time I find an exploit it goes back to playtesting.
...he wrote a tabletop RPG... "mathematically provable to be perfectly balanced"...
I fucking loved that game until a friend obsessed with balance ruined it for me.
Used as projectiles that are only considered harmful if abused, just as with a knife, a car, or a stick of dynamite.
Shrunk, and velocities have increased at the expense of stopping power, and the FMJ rounds most people use the vast majority of the time are
Capable of firing a projectile with a fair ammount of accuracy, it is deemed to be functioning well within its design. Gun calibers have
I contest that. There are many things, such as poisons, that have a use only in killing or harming things, but so long as a gun is
Meanwhile, I have run over a few small animals in my car. Unfortunately, that means that my car has more than zero measure of lethality.
How would you measure its lethality? Zero at this point, correct?
I have fired many rounds, and it overheats, the bayonett is a nice attachment. I think it has performed as designed.
You seem to be ascribing very broad labels to a generic gun. Let's use my mosin nagant as the example of a gun.
Most people consider a knife to have done its purpose if it wither cuts or spreads, not because it has been stabbed into a person.
Neither are all knives considered to be instruments of death because of the existence of a combat knife.
What measure of lethality is enough to say a thing's purpose is its lethality?
Find that there exists at least one gun designed from scratch to spend its entire existence shooting inanimate objects.
Specific use, to be lightweight and hit targets, to never be fired in self defense or kill anyone. I would think that would be enough to
To deal a lot of damage.
Or a stick of dynamite. I would argue that hitting a target accurately is its primary purpose, while you would argue its primary purpose is
Then the only thing left to do would be to see whether a person in a particular scenario could deal more damage with a gun, a knife, a car
If we do not take into account the function of the thing, the way in which one would prove whether the gun functioned as designed,
You may be trying to describe something with the word, 'gun' that disqualifies plinking rifles, or you may be aacriving tributes to a gun
*weaponry is not fulfilling its primary design/purpose
Basically, bell curves and statistics, that always makes me drop any kind of argumentation.
If weighed only by the amount of cargo it carries.
Neither would I agree with you that how easily a gun could kill a man or animal makes it more or less purposeful as a car might be
Employ it in the killing of men or animals, regardless of how many times I have taken them to the range.
You would ignore my case, a man with rifles and pistols, from bolt-action to semi auto, and tell me that my weaponry is useless if I do not
Lethality just as knives, cars and explosives. Firing these projectiles, lethal or not, is what makes a gun of good or poor design.
Again, I disagree. With a gun, the 'main draw' by design and definition is its ability to accurately fire projectiles, which vary in
Dice rolls are mathematically sound, but the english language is not. There's a difference between once per turn and once per round.
I've played it a few times...it's fun enough but every time I find an exploit it goes back to playtesting.
...he wrote a tabletop RPG... "mathematically provable to be perfectly balanced"...
I fucking loved that game until a friend obsessed with balance ruined it for me.
Used as projectiles that are only considered harmful if abused, just as with a knife, a car, or a stick of dynamite.
Shrunk, and velocities have increased at the expense of stopping power, and the FMJ rounds most people use the vast majority of the time are
Capable of firing a projectile with a fair ammount of accuracy, it is deemed to be functioning well within its design. Gun calibers have
I contest that. There are many things, such as poisons, that have a use only in killing or harming things, but so long as a gun is
Meanwhile, I have run over a few small animals in my car. Unfortunately, that means that my car has more than zero measure of lethality.
How would you measure its lethality? Zero at this point, correct?
I have fired many rounds, and it overheats, the bayonett is a nice attachment. I think it has performed as designed.
You seem to be ascribing very broad labels to a generic gun. Let's use my mosin nagant as the example of a gun.
Most people consider a knife to have done its purpose if it wither cuts or spreads, not because it has been stabbed into a person.
Neither are all knives considered to be instruments of death because of the existence of a combat knife.
What measure of lethality is enough to say a thing's purpose is its lethality?
Find that there exists at least one gun designed from scratch to spend its entire existence shooting inanimate objects.
Specific use, to be lightweight and hit targets, to never be fired in self defense or kill anyone. I would think that would be enough to