8403 pts · September 24, 2015
Aw yiss, he gave us a shoutout!
I'll try to send a message to everyone that's commented about the Firefox extension once it's out
*happy dance*
I changed it to use the info from the sidebar now. DDOS avoided!
Oh no, does it still not work for you?
I'm gonna switch to chrome's sync api so as long as you're signed in to chrome at work it'll save the posts across both computers.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I use chrome so I made it for chrome. I'll support other browsers after I clean it up. Are you using Firefox or something else?
Oh no, what's the issue? You installed it but it just doesn't skip stuff?
Oh interesting. I'll look into that, but I probably won't get around to adding this for a while
Here's a direct link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/seen-it/nmajkegnjcjcjehiindhfldkfeoifeff
You can open options by clicking the icon in the bar. You can enable/disable skipping there. I'm adding in a hot key to do this soon!
I just pushed an update so it searches for the link in the sidebar. Thanks again for pointing this out!
Overriding when pressing back might work well. You can disable skipping by clicking the icon in the bar. I'll add in a hot key soon!
There are options if you click the icon. You can disable/enable skipping there. I'm adding a hot key to do this soon
Let me get the chrome version in good shape over the next couple weeks and then I'll port to Firefox
I don't see why not. Give me a couple weeks to get the chrome one in good shape and then I'll port it over. Or someone else can before that
Sweet! It would be great to have some help with this. We could bust out features a lot faster that way :)
Yeah, I feel your pain. I'll work on it tomorrow night and add in a hot key to toggle the skipping.
Too late, the to do list has spoken. Any reason why you're against it?
I'm sad that I forgot to change the name before publishing. But it's on the to do list now :) https://github.com/asarode/seen-it/issues/3
I'll have a glorious hacking session over the weekend to try some stuff out :D
Well maybe not. @OddOod might be on the right track with systematically picking certain pixels to compare.
You'd have to be pretty clever to solve the resolution issue. And even then, you'd have to maintain a database of old reposts somehow :/
2/2 instead of the normal "some-id" that corresponds to its id that shows up in the url
1/2 I tried something like that but it turns out if the image in the sidebar is an album, its href is "a/some-other-id"
As long as you get on the page, it'll save the image. So you can get to the image via clicking or right arrow
Aw yiss, he gave us a shoutout!
I'll try to send a message to everyone that's commented about the Firefox extension once it's out
*happy dance*
I changed it to use the info from the sidebar now. DDOS avoided!
Oh no, does it still not work for you?
I'm gonna switch to chrome's sync api so as long as you're signed in to chrome at work it'll save the posts across both computers.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I use chrome so I made it for chrome. I'll support other browsers after I clean it up. Are you using Firefox or something else?
Oh no, what's the issue? You installed it but it just doesn't skip stuff?
Oh interesting. I'll look into that, but I probably won't get around to adding this for a while
Here's a direct link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/seen-it/nmajkegnjcjcjehiindhfldkfeoifeff
You can open options by clicking the icon in the bar. You can enable/disable skipping there. I'm adding in a hot key to do this soon!
You can open options by clicking the icon in the bar. You can enable/disable skipping there. I'm adding in a hot key to do this soon!
I just pushed an update so it searches for the link in the sidebar. Thanks again for pointing this out!
Overriding when pressing back might work well. You can disable skipping by clicking the icon in the bar. I'll add in a hot key soon!
You can open options by clicking the icon in the bar. You can enable/disable skipping there. I'm adding in a hot key to do this soon!
You can open options by clicking the icon in the bar. You can enable/disable skipping there. I'm adding in a hot key to do this soon!
There are options if you click the icon. You can disable/enable skipping there. I'm adding a hot key to do this soon
Let me get the chrome version in good shape over the next couple weeks and then I'll port to Firefox
I don't see why not. Give me a couple weeks to get the chrome one in good shape and then I'll port it over. Or someone else can before that
Sweet! It would be great to have some help with this. We could bust out features a lot faster that way :)
Yeah, I feel your pain. I'll work on it tomorrow night and add in a hot key to toggle the skipping.
Too late, the to do list has spoken. Any reason why you're against it?
I'm sad that I forgot to change the name before publishing. But it's on the to do list now :) https://github.com/asarode/seen-it/issues/3
I'm sad that I forgot to change the name before publishing. But it's on the to do list now :) https://github.com/asarode/seen-it/issues/3
I'll have a glorious hacking session over the weekend to try some stuff out :D
Well maybe not. @OddOod might be on the right track with systematically picking certain pixels to compare.
You'd have to be pretty clever to solve the resolution issue. And even then, you'd have to maintain a database of old reposts somehow :/
2/2 instead of the normal "some-id" that corresponds to its id that shows up in the url
1/2 I tried something like that but it turns out if the image in the sidebar is an album, its href is "a/some-other-id"
As long as you get on the page, it'll save the image. So you can get to the image via clicking or right arrow