219 pts · March 26, 2016
As a transwoman myself (living on the West Coast, so "safeish"), I have not heard anything about this. It could just be speculation. The community has been on edge for the better part of a year+. We've been anticipating things like what OP is describing to eventually, possibly, happen, but as for anything concrete I haven't heard anything.
As another trans person, you're my sibling now too. I'll be your older/younger sister and say that I'm proud of you, and I hope you outlive all of the haters. ♥
I'm only commenting to see if my comment is visible, or one of the invisible ones!
I'll start by saying the staff there is very caring, very friendly, and the treatment I get (HRT) is a mostly pleasant experience. However, they've consistently forgotten to schedule my checkups, and have forgotten to read my charts. I had to call to schedule my last two hormone checkups after 6 months had passed w/o any contact from them. I was also left on 1mg Estradiol accidentally for a year, until my 3rd visit a doctor asked why nobody had increased my dosage. So I'd give them 8/10.
We appreciate people like you. Thank you, friend!
I'd come by if you lived in the same city. I just had a birthday as someone who lives alone, with no SO or partner. Aside from a handful of Facebook well-wishes and one text, it may as well have been an ordinary day for me and it made me sad. Not even a birthday dinner or lunch or anything. It's got my mental health down another peg, especially now that I'm suffering a leg injury from running and can't run... but yeah. I do hope your friends show up. Birthdays are important.
You're welcome!
I'm glad you liked them! It's such a beautiful park, I love sharing my photos for people that can't make the trip to see it in person.
Thank you, it was so amazing up there. It's a really beautiful park that almost makes it too easy to get good photos :)
I'm excited to unlock the fast travel ability soon. I'll save SO much money on gas!
Hey, good for you! That's amazing that your wife is so supportive. As for your concerns w/ friends and family, I was in the same boat. I knew they'd probably be supportive of me (also trans) but... it always felt like stepping off a diving board into a swimming pool blindfolded. My mind knew I'd be fine, but the sudden drop always clutched at my heart.
All I can think of is Sharkdog from Eek the Cat.
.
Ca*
I'm from Clovis, can, but my name is not Heather nor do I know any Heathers. I'm not particularly helpful but at least I tried.
Presenting 'alternative facts.' 2/2
As a transwoman myself (living on the West Coast, so "safeish"), I have not heard anything about this. It could just be speculation. The community has been on edge for the better part of a year+. We've been anticipating things like what OP is describing to eventually, possibly, happen, but as for anything concrete I haven't heard anything.
As another trans person, you're my sibling now too. I'll be your older/younger sister and say that I'm proud of you, and I hope you outlive all of the haters. ♥
I'm only commenting to see if my comment is visible, or one of the invisible ones!
I'll start by saying the staff there is very caring, very friendly, and the treatment I get (HRT) is a mostly pleasant experience. However, they've consistently forgotten to schedule my checkups, and have forgotten to read my charts. I had to call to schedule my last two hormone checkups after 6 months had passed w/o any contact from them. I was also left on 1mg Estradiol accidentally for a year, until my 3rd visit a doctor asked why nobody had increased my dosage. So I'd give them 8/10.
We appreciate people like you. Thank you, friend!
I'd come by if you lived in the same city. I just had a birthday as someone who lives alone, with no SO or partner. Aside from a handful of Facebook well-wishes and one text, it may as well have been an ordinary day for me and it made me sad. Not even a birthday dinner or lunch or anything. It's got my mental health down another peg, especially now that I'm suffering a leg injury from running and can't run... but yeah. I do hope your friends show up. Birthdays are important.
You're welcome!
I'm glad you liked them! It's such a beautiful park, I love sharing my photos for people that can't make the trip to see it in person.
Thank you, it was so amazing up there. It's a really beautiful park that almost makes it too easy to get good photos :)
I'm excited to unlock the fast travel ability soon. I'll save SO much money on gas!
Hey, good for you! That's amazing that your wife is so supportive. As for your concerns w/ friends and family, I was in the same boat. I knew they'd probably be supportive of me (also trans) but... it always felt like stepping off a diving board into a swimming pool blindfolded. My mind knew I'd be fine, but the sudden drop always clutched at my heart.
All I can think of is Sharkdog from Eek the Cat.
.
Ca*
I'm from Clovis, can, but my name is not Heather nor do I know any Heathers. I'm not particularly helpful but at least I tried.
Presenting 'alternative facts.' 2/2